Within Alfresco, you can transform a document from one format to another. This feature requires you to install OpenOffice.
Alfresco supports the following OpenOffice subsystems:
- OOoJodconverter: This subsystem is intended for Enterprise users only.
- OOoDirect: This subsystem is intended for Community users only.
Important: Do not enable both these subsystems at the same time.
- The JodConverter integration, which is a library that improves the stability and
performance of OpenOffice.org (OOo) within Alfresco. The
OOoJodConverter runs on the same machine as the Alfresco server. The
- a pool of separate OpenOffice processes
- automatic restart of crashed OpenOffice processes
- automatic termination of slow OpenOffice operations
- automatic restart of any OpenOffice process after a number of operations (this is a workaround for OpenOffice memory leaks)
- If you install Alfresco using the setup wizard, this subsystem is enabled. However, if
you install Alfresco manually, this subsystem is disabled, by default, and you must enable
it using the following property:
- The direct OpenOffice integration, in which the Alfresco server
manages OpenOffice directly. If you install Alfresco using the setup wizard, this
subsystem is disabled. However, if you install Alfresco manually, this subsystem is
enabled, by default, and you must disable it using the following