A CMIS query is based upon SQL-92. The query is read-only and presents no data manipulation capabilities.
The syntax consists of the following clauses:
- SELECT with a target list
- FROM with the object types being queried
- JOIN to perform a join between object types
- WHERE with the predicate
- IN and ANY to query multi-value properties
- CONTAINS to specify a full-text qualification
- IN_FOLDER and IN_TREE to search within a folder hierarchy
- ORDERBY to sort the results
A query can also be paged for user interface presentation.