- This allows you to run Docker images and Docker Compose on a single computer.
- Docker Compose
- Docker Compose is included as part of some Docker installers. If it's not part of your installation, then install it separately after you've installed Docker.
- Download the latest Alfresco Content Services docker-compose.yml file by accessing the trial download page. Save the file in a local folder.
Edit the file and change the following two services (Add a # prefix to the Alfresco
Content Repository and Alfresco Share locations so they are commented out and add the
Alfresco Governance locations):
services: alfresco: #image: alfresco/alfresco-content-repository:188.8.131.52 image: quay.io/alfresco/alfresco-governance-repository-enterprise:3.0.0 mem_limit: 1500m environment: JAVA_OPTS: " -Ddb.driver=org.postgresql.Driver -Ddb.username=alfresco -Ddb.password=alfresco -Ddb.url=jdbc:postgresql://postgres:5432/alfresco -Dsolr.host=solr6 -Dsolr.port=8983 -Dsolr.secureComms=none -Dsolr.base.url=/solr -Dindex.subsystem.name=solr6 -Dalfresco-pdf-renderer.url=http://alfresco-pdf-renderer:8090/ -Djodconverter.url=http://libreoffice:8090/ -Dimg.url=http://imagemagick:8090/ -Dshare.host=localhost -Ddeployment.method=DOCKER_COMPOSE -Dcsrf.filter.enabled=false -DtrialUid=id10814454 -Xms1g -Xmx1g " ports: - 8082:8080 #Browser port
share: #image: alfresco/alfresco-share:6.0 image: quay.io/alfresco/alfresco-governance-share-enterprise mem_limit: 1g environment: - REPO_HOST=alfresco - REPO_PORT=8080 - "CATALINA_OPTS= -Xms500m -Xmx500m" ports: - 8080:8080
In a command prompt log in to Quay using the following command:
$ docker login quay.io login against server at https://quay.io/v1/ Username: <<Quay.io Credential Username>> Password: <<Quay.io Credential Password>>
In the command prompt change directory to the location of the
docker-compose.yml file and deploy Alfresco Governance Services using the following
This downloads the images, fetches all the dependencies, creates each container, and then starts the system. If you downloaded the project and changes were made to the project settings, any new images will be pulled from Quay before the system starts.
As an alternative, you can also start the containers in the background by
docker-compose up -d
Wait for the logs to complete.
... alfresco_1 | 2018-10-05 13:59:36,469 INFO [management.subsystems.ChildApplicationContextFactory] [http-nio-8080-exec-1] Starting 'Search' subsystem, ID: [Search, managed, solr6] alfresco_1 | 2018-10-05 13:59:36,903 INFO [management.subsystems.ChildApplicationContextFactory] [http-nio-8080-exec-1] Startup of 'Search' subsystem, ID: [Search, managed, solr6] complete
If you encounter errors whilst the system is starting up:
Note: Although 16 GB is the required minimum memory setting, keep in mind that 6 GB is much lower than the required minimum, and may need to be adapted for your environment.
- Stop the session (by using CONTROL+C).
- Remove the container (using the --rmi all option): For example docker-compose down --rmi all.
- Try allocating more memory resources, as advised in docker-compose.yml. For example, in Docker, change the memory setting in Preferences (or Settings) > Advanced > Memory, to at least 6 GB. Make sure you restart Docker and wait for the process to finish before continuing.
- Go back and retry the deployment.
Open your browser and check everything starts up correctly:
- Share: http://localhost:8080/share