- Hover over a folder with no rules applied and click More then Manage Rules.
- Click Create Rules.
- Enter a name and a description (optional) for the rule.
Select when the rule will be triggered:
Note: A rule can have more than one event, condition, and action. Click the + or - to add or remove rows.
- Items are created or enter this folder: The rule will be applied to content that gets added to this folder. This includes any item that is copied to, created in, or uploaded to the folder.
- Items are updated: When an item in this folder is modified, the rule will be applied to it.
- Items are deleted or leave this folder: The rule will be applied to content that is moved out of the folder or deleted.
Select if the rule will be applied If all criteria are met,
Unless all criteria are met, or both.
Here are 3 examples of conditions that you could apply to trigger a rule:
- The rule is applied if the item title contains the word 'urgent' (If all criteria are met)
- The rule is applied if the item title does not contain the word 'urgent' (Unless all criteria are met)
- The rule is applied if the item title contains the word 'urgent', unless the item was created before a specified date (If all criteria are met and Unless all criteria are met)
Select criteria for which content the rule will apply to, and remember that you can use
the + and - icons to add and remove extra criteria.
Note: Selecting Show more on the criteria menu gives you additional properties to choose from. Use the folders on the Select property page to search properties, then select a property on the right of the page. Selecting Show in menu shows the property in all condition lists for the current rule.
Select the rule
action you want performed when the conditions are met.
When you've selected an action you then need to select further options, for example if you select to copy or move items click Select to specify where the content will be copied or moved to.Tip: The Copy option copies items in the folder only, not the contents of any sub-folders. Select the additional Deep Copy option if you want to also copy sub-folders and their contents.Note: The icon indicates where any required information is missing from your condition or action.
Select additional options:
- Disable rule: Switch off the rule.
- Rule applies to subfolders: Apply the rule to this folder and all its subfolders.
- Run rule in background Lets you continue working while the rule is running. You can also select an action to run if an error occurs with the rule. These actions are set up by your Alfresco Administrator.
- Click Create, or Create and Create Another to save this rule and start creating another.