Click Tasks then Create Task.
Note: You can also create tasks on the My Tasks dashlet, or create a task for a specific item by hovering over it in the Document Library and selecting More then Create Task.
Open the Task list and select the type of
task you want to create.
- New Task
- Assign a task to a single user
- Review and Approve (one or more reviewers)
- Set up review and approval of content, assigning the task to one or more users
Enter details for the task in the General section.
- In the Message field describe the task requirements, such as Please review the attached content. This should clearly explain to the user what they are expected to do.
- Select a Due date for the task.
- Select a Priority for the task.
Select the user(s) to assign the task to.
- In the Assignee section click Select and type the full or partial name of a user.
- Click Search.
Click the + icon to select a user.
Note: You can select multiple users for the Review and Approve (one or more reviewers) task.
- Click OK.
- If your task is assigned to more than one person, complete the Required Approval Percentage field. Enter the percentage of reviewers that must approve the task before it can be marked as complete.
If you want to link a task Alfresco content you can select content from any site in the
current network that you have permission to access.
Note: If you've created the task from an items' action list then it's already associated with that item. You can add more items.
Click Add then select a site and then navigate to locate the
items you want to add.
The button at the top of the list indicates your current location. Click this to display the full path; click an entry to return to that point in the path. Click the up arrow to return to the previous level.
- Click the + Add icon to add an item to the task.
Click OK when you are done.
The item or items are added to the task. You can click:
- View More Actions to the right of an item in this list to display it on the Document Details page. This will cancel the task and you'll need to start again.
- Remove to delete an item from the task.
- Remove All to delete all items from the task.
- Click Add then select a site and then navigate to locate the items you want to add.
You can select the Send Email Notifications check box to
automatically send an email to users each time a task is assigned to them.
Tasks will still appear in the user's My Tasks dashlet. The email is sent to the email address listed in the user's profile. If an address is not provided, no email will be sent.
- Click Create Task.