Download the installation file: alfresco-content-services-community-full-installer-6.0.0-ea-linux-x64.bin
Files are available from Download and install Alfresco Community Edition.
Run the following file:
Follow the prompts on the screen to complete the install.
- Choose a language for the installation steps. Enter the number that relates to your chosen language.
Enter the folder where you'd like to install.
Installation folder Please choose a folder to install Alfresco Community Edition Select a folder [/opt/alfresco-community]:
The default is /opt/alfresco-community. You might need root (sudo) rights to access this folder.
Enter a password to use for your Administrator user.
Admin Password Please give a password to use for the Alfresco administrator account. Admin Password: :
The Administrator user is called admin. The Administrator is the user account that can manages Alfresco and its users.
- Repeat the password.
- Enter Y (yes) to continue with the installation.
(Optional) If you are logged in as root, you then see an option for installing
Alfresco Community Edition as a
Note: If you are logged in as a standard user, you do not see this option.
You can optionally register Alfresco Community Edition as a service. This way it will automatically be started every time the machine is started. Install Alfresco Community Edition as a service? [Y/n]:" The alfresco service script file exists. Please insert a different name for the service script. Service script name: [alfresco]:
- Select Yes to register Alfresco Community Edition as a
service. The default name of the service is alfresco. The
server will then automatically be started every time the machine is started.
If you select Yes, when you click Next, you may be asked to provide the service script name. Enter a name for the script to run the service.
- Select No to install Alfresco Community Edition.
- Select Yes to register Alfresco Community Edition as a service. The default name of the service is alfresco. The server will then automatically be started every time the machine is started.
Enter Y (yes) to continue with the installation.
Setup is now ready to begin installing Alfresco Community Edition on your computer. Do you want to continue? [Y/n]:
You'll then see a status bar showing the progress of the files being installed. When it is complete, you'll see the following:
Installing 0% ______________ 50% ______________ 100% ########################################
- To finish the install and show the README file, enter Y (yes).
- Finally, press Enter to continue.
You are here
Installing Alfresco Community Edition on Linux (text mode)
Sending feedback to the Alfresco documentation team