- Stop the Alfresco server.
- Back up any custom folders and files that you have created.
Uninstall the Outlook AMP files, using MMT (Module Management Tool).
See Uninstalling an AMP file for instructions on how to uninstall AMP files.
Delete the tomcat/webapps/alfresco and tomcat/webapps/share folders before restarting Alfresco in step 6 to ensure that the new war files are exploded.
Uninstall the Alfresco Outlook Client application.
Select Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program and Alfresco Outlook Client.
Download, extract and install the new Outlook files.
See Installing Alfresco Outlook Integration for instructions on how to do this.
Restart the Alfresco server and open Microsoft Outlook.
Test that you can connect successfully to the Alfresco repository from Microsoft Outlook.
If you used custom types in a previous version of Alfresco Outlook, you can optionally
run an upgrading model script.
Later versions of Alfresco Outlook use cm:content instead of a custom type to store email-related objects. All emails archived from version 2.0 use the cm:content model. You need to run the script only if you want to align all emails to the same model.
- Enter the URL: http://localhost:8080/alfresco/service/wps/mail/bulkmailmodelupdate where localhost:8080 is your Alfresco host and port number.
- Select Test to run the script in test mode, to understand how many files might change.
- Select Model Update to change your archived content to use the cm:content model.
In earlier versions of Alfresco Outlook, there was an issue with thumbnail
If you had an issue with broken thumbnails, you can optionally run a script to clean these up.
- Enter the URL: http://localhost:8080/alfresco/service/wps/mail/bulkmailthumbnailcleanup where localhost:8080 is your Alfresco host and port number.
- Select Test to run the script in test mode, to understand how many thumbnails might be deleted.
- Select Thumbnail Cleanup to delete all email thumbnails (based on the thumbnail minimum size settings in this dialog).