- Stop the Alfresco server.
- Back up any custom folders and files that you have created.
Uninstall the Outlook AMP files, using MMT (Module Management Tool).
See Uninstalling Alfresco Outlook Integration for instructions on how to uninstall the AMP files.
Delete the tomcat/webapps/alfresco and tomcat/webapps/share folders before restarting Alfresco in step 6 to ensure that the new war files are exploded.
Download, extract and install the new Outlook files.
You do not need to uninstall a previous version of Alfresco Outlook Client, you can install the new client and all settings are transferred to the new version. See Installing Alfresco Outlook Integration for instructions on how to do this.
Restart the Alfresco server and open Microsoft Outlook.
Test that you can connect successfully to the Alfresco repository from Microsoft Outlook.
If you used custom types in a previous version of Alfresco Outlook, you can optionally
run an upgrading model script.
Later versions of Alfresco Outlook use cm:content instead of a custom type to store email-related objects. All emails archived from version 2.0 onwards use the cm:content model. You need to run the script only if you want to align all emails to the same model.
- Enter the URL: http://localhost:8080/alfresco/service/wps/mail/bulkmailmodelupdate where localhost:8080 is your Alfresco host and port number.
- Select Test to run the script in test mode, to understand how many files might change.
- Select Model Update to change your archived content to use the cm:content model.
You are here
Upgrading from a previous version of Alfresco Outlook Integration
Sending feedback to the Alfresco documentation team