Ensure that you've installed the required software before installing Sync Service.
Before you start the Sync Service, see the Prerequisites and Readme.txt file included in the AlfrescoSyncServer-3.1.x.zip for more information.
Create a user that you'll use to run the process.
For Linux: Create a user named dsync that you'll
use to run the process, with user home set to
sudo useradd -m -d /opt/alfresco-sync-service dsync
The format of the command is:
sudo useradd -m -d </PATH/TO/FOLDER> <USERNAME>
For Windows: You only need a dedicated user if JMX remote
authentication is enabled. See Readme.txt file in
AlfrescoSyncServer-3.1.x.zip for details.
- For Linux: Create a user named dsync that you'll use to run the process, with user home set to /opt/alfresco-sync-service.
Use one of the start up scripts from the distribution zip.
- For Linux: syncservice.sh
- For Windows: syncservice.bat
Make the script file executable:
sudo chmod +x /opt/alfresco-sync-service/syncservice.sh
Start the Sync Service by issuing the following command:
sudo /opt/alfresco-sync-service/syncservice.sh start
Stop the Sync Service by issuing the following command:
sudo /opt/alfresco-sync-service/syncservice.sh stop
- Run syncservice.bat to start the Sync Service.
- Press CTRL+C to stop the Sync Service, or via JMX. See Readme.txt for more.