You may need to add folder paths to the Windows path variable when installing on a Windows-based system.
- On the Windows desktop, right-click My Computer.
- In the pop-up menu, click Properties.
- In the System Properties window, click the Advanced tab, and then click Environment Variables.
- In the System Variables window, highlight Path, and click Edit.
- In the Edit System Variables window, insert the cursor at the end of the Variable value field.
- If the last character is not a semi-colon (;), add one.
After the final semi-colon, type the full path to the file you
want to find.
For example: path C:\jdk
Click OK in each open window.
The new path will be used the next time a command prompt is opened, or a service is started.