When developing a web script, you may encounter an issue for which the solution is not obvious. In this case, it is useful to step through the controller script code line by line to pinpoint the cause of the issue.
Attention: If you are running Alfresco on Microsoft Windows as a Service then the debugger may not display. A work around is to start Alfresco from the command line for debugging purposes.
- In your browser, enter: http://localhost:8080/alfresco/service/index
- If prompted, log in with the username admin and password admin.
- Click Refresh Web Scripts on the Web Scripts Home page to ensure the Web Script Framework has cleared its caches.
- Click List Web Scripts.
Invoke your web script:
- In your browser, enter: http://localhost:8080/alfresco/service/dir/Company%20Home
- Log in if required using username admin and password admin.
Debug the controller script:
Continue web script execution: