The PersonService interface is the API by which nodes of the person type, as defined in contentModel.xml, should be accessed.
The PersonService is responsible for all of the following:
- Obtaining a reference to the Person node for a given user name
- Determining if a person entry exists for a user
- Potentially creating missing people entries with default settings on demand
- Supplying a list of mutable properties for each person
- Creating, deleting, and altering personal information
The beans to support the PersonService and its configuration can be found in authentication-services-context.xml. The principle configuration options are around how people are created on demand if users are managed by using NTLM or some other external user repository.