The ActivityServices is responsible for generating activity feeds for each
member of a Share site. The activities generated include such events as a document was
added, a document was previewed, the wiki was updated.
What is an activity?
- Activity represents an action that has taken place within a client interface
- Activity is typically initiated by the app/tool/component/service on behalf of
a user (it is not necessarily initiated by the underlying repository)
- Activity is of a given/named type specified by the app/tool (for example
- Activity is performed at a particular point in time (post date)
- Activity may have associated data dependent on type of activity
- Activity may be performed within a given site/network context
- Activity may be performed within a given app/tool context
- Activity may be sensitive, that is, associated with data that is permission
controlled, therefore, the activity itself may be permission controlled (can or
can't be read)
- Activity may be rendered into one or more UI views (activity summary)
Activities may be raised by one or more Alfresco Community Edition applications.
The posted activity must have a uniquely named activity type.
Examples of activity types include:
- Added, updated, and deleted documents
- Triggered on versioning
- Includes changes to metadata (explicitly denoted in feed)
- Does not include updates to tags
- Uploaded and expanded ZIP
- Added and deleted folders
- Added and removed members (person joined/left site)
- User role changes (change of user role for a site)
- New comments (on any artifact in a site, including documents, blog entries,
and so on.)
- Workflow-generated activities (requires explicit posting via customizing
- Added, updated, and deleted events (calendar entries)
- Published, updated, and deleted wiki pages
- Published, updated, and deleted blog entries
- Blog entry published to external blog engine
|Deployment - App Server
||Deploy as AMP or Simple Module (JAR) package.
|Deployment - SDK Project
||Use SDK archetypes to produce AMP or Simple Module.
||Java API Documentation
||See the following blog post.