Provides an API for managing the versions of a piece of content.
||If content has the aspect versionable applied to it, then
multiple versions of the content can be managed. The VersionService provides an API
to allow you to do this programmatically:
- createVersion - this creates a new version of the referenced node which
is placed at the end of the appropriate version history. If the node has no
version history then one is created and this version is considered to be the
- getVersionHistory - this gets the version history that relates to the
- deleteVersionHistory - this deletes the version history for a versioned
- getCurrentVersion - gets the current version for a referenced
- revert - reverts the state of a referenced node to that of a previous
- restore - restores a previously deleted node from a version in its
|Deployment - App Server
||Deploy as AMP or Simple Module (JAR) package.
|Deployment - SDK Project
||Use SDK archetypes to produce AMP or Simple Module.
||Java API documentation
||See Tutorials and Developer Blogs for example code.
||Mass Nerder's Version Pruning tutorial -
includes code and a video.
|Alfresco Developer Blogs
||Jared Ottley's Max Version Policy blog post
demonstrates using the VersionService from Java.