This section describes prerequisites that are required in order to use the
- Android OS version 4.0 (IceCream Sandwich) and above is required to run applications
built with the SDK (API level 14 and above).
- The Android Developer's kit (ADK) is required to build applications that use the SDK.
You can download the latest ADK from the Android Developer's
site. It is recommended that you use the latest version of the ADK.
- Java 1.7+ is required to build the SDK from source code. You can download it from the
Oracle download site To check your installed
version, open a command prompt and type: java -version.
- Maven 3.2.1+ is required to build SDK from source code. You can download it from the
download site You can configure Maven using instructions on the Maven
website. To check your installed version, open a command prompt and type:
- Android Maven plugin must be version 3.8.1 or higher. You can find
the latest version here.
- You will require a GitHub account and git available from the command
line. Git is used to check out source code from the Alfresco GitHub