- Start Alfresco, and then log in using your administrator credentials.
Open the Sites menu and click Create
Tip: You can also click Create Site on the My Sites dashlet.
Select Records Management Site as the Type.
The Name, URL Name and Description will be completed for you automatically. You can edit the Description if needed. The URL name is used as part of the site URL.Note: The site visibility can't be changed as only public sites are available for Records Management. You can only create one records management site.
Select a Compliance option to define which compliance model to use for your file plan. This
selection defines the metadata available for records in the file plan.
Note: If you select Standard then users can still customize the metadata available on individual records.
- Standard - The standard set of record metadata is available.
- DoD 5015.2-STD - Record metadata required for DoD 5015.2-STD is available. Mandatory metadata includes the originator, the originating organization, the publication date, the destroy action.
- Click Save.
- Load Test Data by adding the Import Data Set dashlet for an example of how to structure a File Plan
- Use the RM Admin Tools on the Records Management dashboard More menu to access the administration features