Some things to do and note before you start:
- Please check the What's New page to orientate yourself to the latest features of the SDK.
- Please check the compatibility matrix to make sure you have the right version of the SDK for your version of Alfresco.
- Initially this documentation will assume you will be working with the Community version of Alfresco. However, details on configuring the SDK to work with Alfresco Enterprise are given later.
- As the Alfresco SDK is based around Maven, you will need to install Maven. Maven version 3.2.5+ is required (note this changed with the release of Alfresco SDK 2.0.0).
- As Maven is a Java program you will first need to have Java installed on your machine. Maven requires the JDK to be installed, not just the Java run-time.
- Alfresco SDK requires JDK 1.7 or above.
- It is strongly recommended that you use the official binary distributions of Apache Maven, downloaded from the official mirrors, and avoid OS-specific distributions as much as possible. This allows you to be absolutely sure you are running the correct version of Maven.
- If you want to do Rapid Application Development in Eclipse you need to use version Luna or above. If using Eclipse ensure the latest version of the m2e add-on is installed.
- If you are going to do RAD in Eclipse or IntelliJ you will need to use Spring Loaded. Details on obtaining and installing Spring Loaded are given later.