There are a number of main components in an authentication subsystem.
- authentication component
- Handles the specifics of talking to the back-end authentication
- authentication Data Access Object (DAO)
- Decides what user management functions are allowed, if any. For
example, the ability to create a user.
- authentication service
- Wraps the authentication component and DAO with higher-level
- user registry export service (optional)
- Allows Alfresco Content Services to obtain
user attributes, such as email address, organization, and groups automatically.
- authentication filters
- Provide form or SSO-based login functions for the following:
- web client
- web scripts
- SharePoint protocol
- file server authenticators
- Provide authentication functions for the FTP protocol.