The Manage Permissions feature goes beyond the site permissions. It lets you override a user's site role for a particular content item or folder. This means you can give a site member either more or less access to specific content compared to what they can do with other content in the library.
- Hover over a file/folder in the library and click More then Manage Permissions.
Manage the inherited permissions:
- Inherit Permissions shows that permissions are being inherited from the parent folder. Click this button to ignore the inherited permissions.
- Inherit Permissions shows that permissions are not being inherited from the parent folder. Click this button to inherit the permissions.
Manage the local permissions:
- Click Add User.
- Search for the user you want to define permissions for.
Click Search or press ENTER.
The search returns a list of users.
- Click Add to place a user in the Locally Set Permissions table. The user is given the role Consumer.
- Change the role as needed.
Repeat this step to add more users and set their permissions for the same
Note: To revoke the permissions for a user, click Delete in the Actions column.
- Click Save.