- Azure content store subsystems
- Multiple Azure storage container configuration
Two content store subsystems are provided out-of-the-box with this release: Azure and AzureOnPrem. The default subsystem that's enabled on installation is AzureOnPrem. See Azure Connector content store subsystems for more.
- Support for Azure Blob Storage for on-premises or Azure Cloud installation of Alfresco Content Services
- Support for hot and cool access tiers (based on storage account)
- Based on the Azure SDK for Java v12.6.1
- Storage path approach optimized for high-throughput reads and writes
- Configurable retries and timeouts for large file uploads and downloads
The following diagram shows a simple representation of how Alfresco Content Services and the Azure Connector interact with Azure resources. The storage account has a Blob container, which in turn contains Blobs. The naming convention is flat and only consists of the content UUID which follows Microsoft's recommendations. See Naming and Referencing Containers, Blobs, and Metadata for more details.