You'll find a list of prerequisites in the GitHub project documentation.
Here, you can review the requirements for your chosen deployment method.
To deploy Alfresco Community Edition using Helm charts, you need to install the following software:
- AWS CLI - the command line interface for Amazon Web Services.
- Kubectl - the command line tool for Kubernetes.
- Helm - the tool for installing and managing Kubernetes applications.
- There are Helm charts that allow you to deploy Alfresco Community Edition in a Kubernetes cluster, for example, on AWS.
- See Deploying Alfresco Community Edition with Helm charts on AWS for more.
- Kops - this helps you to manage a Kubernetes cluster.
- Minikube - this allows you to run a Kubernetes cluster locally.
- Note that Minikube isn't supported, and is only used to assist testing deployments locally, and for evaluations.
- See Deploying with Helm charts using Minikube for more.
To install Alfresco Community Edition using the distribution zip, make sure that the required software is available on your system:
- Application server: Apache Tomcat
- Database: PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Message broker: ActiveMQ
OpenJDK 11 is recommended.
- Docker (latest stable version)
- This allows you to run Docker images and docker-compose on a single computer.
- Docker Compose
- Docker Compose is included as part of some Docker installers. If it's not part of your installation, then install it separately after you've installed Docker.
See Deploying using Docker Compose for more.