See Supported Platforms for details of the correct prerequisite software.
- Only install the English versions of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, and Microsoft
Office 2016 32 bit because other languages cause encoding issues resulting in
unpredictable behavior. Note: Although the engine must be configured in English, this has no impact on the transformation language used for documents.
- To enable the Document Transformation Engine to work with non-English documents you must install the desired Microsoft Office language pack of the language you want to work with.
- The Document Transformation Engine does not work with Windows non-English regional settings.
- Make sure that the Windows print spooler service is running.
- Ensure that you have Oracle JDK 8 installed.
- Java 7 and Java 6 x64 are not supported.
- GhostScript v8.64 and pdf2swf are no longer distributed along with Document Transformation Engine. Make sure you install both these tools manually.
- Four high clocked cores per engine, with between 4 GB and 6 GB RAM. If you find that you need more power, it is better to add another engine instance with a similar specification than to upgrade the hardware. The reason for this is that Microsoft Office is not very scalable.
- Between 10 GB and 15 GB of free space. Storage is not that important, but if you have lots of large files, you should make sure that creating temporary copies of those files will not slow the system down.
- Gigabit Ethernet.
- At least one CPU for each concurrent transformation that is expected to be processed by the engine.