Instructions are a collection of security marks and classification details. When you classify content with a topic (or topics) it's classification details are populated with those in the topic.
You can build up guides and they won't be available for use until you set them to On. Find out more in How classification guides work.
- Click Admin Tools and then click Security Controls > Classification Guides.
- Click New Guide.
- Enter a name for the guide.
- Enter an Originating Organization, for example, government or other body.
- Enter a guide publication date. This is the date when the guide should be made available.
Select whether to make the guide available for classifying content.
If it's not yet ready then you can leave it Off and switch in On at a later stage.
The guide is now listed and you can now add topics to it.
Click on the guide name then click New Topic.
Tip: You can click on a guide (not the guide name) then click to edit the guide, or to delete it.
Enter a name and optional description for the topic.
You can now click Save and add sub-topics, or select instructions to add to a topic.
To add instructions click on Security Classifications and/or
- Security Classifications - Select a classification level, a classification reason, and any other required classification details
- Security Groups - Select all the required security marks
If the guide is switched On then users can select from the topics it contains to automatically classify content.Note: If you delete a guide containing instructions that are currently being used to classify content, then the content will retain its classification.
If you edit a guide's instructions then that won't modify the classification level or marks applied to content previously classified using that instruction.