New features introduced in v3.1 are:
- S3 Content Store Subsystems
- S3MultipleBuckets subsystem configuration
- Changes to the S3 Connector configuration and properties
Two content store subsystems are provides out-of-the-box with this release: S3OnPrem and S3. The default subsystem that's enabled on installation is S3OnPrem. See S3 Connector content store subsystems for more.
- Support for AWS S3 for on-premises installation of Alfresco Content Services (v2.1)
- AWS S3 Standard - Infrequent Access (S3 IA) storage class support (v2.1)
- Refactored to use AWS SDK instead of old JetS3t libraries as it's less error prone (v2.0)
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) support (v2.0)
- AWS Key Management Service (KMS) support (v2.0)
- Storage path approach optimized for high-throughput reads and writes (v2.0)
- Handling incomplete multipart uploads abort (v2.0)
The AWS SDK provides better support, stability, and extensibility for developers, and is more actively maintained.
The following diagram shows a simple representation of how Alfresco Content Services and the S3 Connector interact with AWS S3.
For earlier releases of the S3 Connector, see the Previous Versions section of https://docs.alfresco.com.