Only the main stages for setting up and configuring Alfresco Content Services are summarized. These include preparing your system for installation, installing the application, configuring it based on your requirements, and finally, testing and getting familiar with Alfresco Content Services.
Before you start, validate that you have access to the prerequisite software so you can install them in the right order. This includes a JRE, a supported database, Tomcat application server, Alfresco Search Services, and additional components (such as ImageMagick).
To get started, prepare your production server by installing the prerequisite software (JRE, database, and message broker) before continuing.
- Download the distribution zip file by accessing the Support Portal.
- Generate certificates for mutual TLS.
- Download Tomcat and review the installation steps required.
- Set up Tomcat.
- Install and configure Alfresco Content Services.
- Install any Alfresco Module Packages such as Alfresco Share, Google Docs Integration, and Alfresco Office Services.
- Install third-party software used by Alfresco Content Services. This includes LibreOffice, ImageMagick, and Alfresco PDF Renderer.
Review and test your setup to check that all the installation steps are complete:
- Start and configure your database.
- Start the repository.
Use the links in this guide to see the detailed step-by-step instructions for manually installing Alfresco Content Services.