To deploy Alfresco Content Services using docker-compose, download and install Docker, then follow the steps below.
docker-compose.yml file by accessing the Alfresco Content Services
trial download page, which will give you an
initial 30-day license.
If you already have a system up and running, and would like to extend the trial license period, you can download the license and apply it directly to the running system. See Uploading a license for more.
Save the docker-compose.yml file in a local folder.
For example, you can create a folder acs-trial.
- Change directory to the location of your docker-compose.yml file.
Deploy Alfresco Content Services, including
the repository, Share, Postgres database, and Search Services:
This downloads the images, fetches all the dependencies, creates each container, and then starts the system:
Creating network "acs-trial_default" with the default driver ... Creating acs-trial_alfresco-pdf-renderer_1 ... done Creating acs-trial_solr6_1 ... done Creating acs-trial_postgres_1 ... done Creating acs-trial_imagemagick_1 ... done Creating acs-trial_libreoffice_1 ... done Creating acs-trial_share_1 ... done Creating acs-trial_alfresco_1 ... done Attaching to acs-trial_postgres_1, acs-trial_solr6_1, acs-trial_alfresco-pdf-renderer_1, acs-trial_imagemagick_1, acs-trial_alfresco_1, acs-trial_libreoffice_1, acs-trial_share_1 ...
Note that the name of each container begins with the folder name you created in step 2.
As an alternative, you can also start the containers in the background by running docker-compose up -d.
Wait for the logs to complete, showing message:
... alfresco_1 | 2018-08-28 08:40:30,386 INFO [management.subsystems.ChildApplicationContextFactory] [http-nio-8080-exec-10] Starting 'Transformers' subsystem, ID: [Transformers, default] alfresco_1 | 2018-08-28 08:40:30,661 INFO [management.subsystems.ChildApplicationContextFactory] [http-nio-8080-exec-10] Startup of 'Transformers' subsystem, ID: [Transformers, default] complete
If you encounter errors whilst the system is starting up:
Note: Although 16 GB is the required minimum memory setting, keep in mind that 6 GB is much lower than the required minimum, and may need to be adapted for your environment.
- Stop the session (by using CONTROL+C).
- Remove the container (using the --rmi all option in step 6 of Checking system start up).
- Try allocating more memory resources, as advised in docker-compose.yml. For example, in Docker, change the memory setting in Preferences (or Settings) > Advanced > Memory, to at least 6 GB. Make sure you restart Docker and wait for the process to finish before continuing.
- Go back to step 4 (above) to start the deployment again.
Open your browser and check everything starts up correctly:
- Share: http://localhost:8080/share
- REST APIs and administration: http://localhost:8082/alfresco
- Search administration: http://localhost:8083/solr
Log in as the admin user. Enter the default administrator password
You can use a number of commands to check that the system started correctly. See Checking system start up for more.
In this project, you can use the docker-compose.yml file following the documentation for standard installations, or customize the file to apply settings as appropriate to your specific deployment environment.