The Identity Service is responsible for supporting user authentication of other Alfresco software.
The key capabilities of the Identity Service include the ability to:
- Enable Single Sign On (SSO) capabilities for Alfresco Content Services and Alfresco Process Services
- Configure user authentication between Identity Service and an LDAP provider
- Configure a supported SAML provider to enable Single Sign On (SSO) with an existing identity provider
More information is available about the Identity Service covering:
- An overview of the Identity Service architecture is within the Alfresco/alfresco-identity-service GitHub project documentation.
- How to install the Identity Service.
- How to configure realm and theme customizations.
Note: See the supported platforms page for compatibility between Alfresco Content Services or Alfresco Process Services and Identity Service.