- Check the requirements in Prerequisites for using SAML SSO with Alfresco
- Install the Alfresco SAML module - Installing SAML SSO in Alfresco
- Configure the Alfresco SAML module - Configuring SAML SSO
- On the server-side, you'll need to enforce SAML authentication for REST API, using one of the methods described in Configuring SAML SSO for REST API. For example, you can set saml.sp.isEnforced=true in the alfresco-global.properties file.
- Enable SAML in Outlook clients using one of the following options: using the client configuration XML or using the command line.
Once you've installed the Outlook client and completed the configuration, you should see the SAML authentication radio button in the Outlook plugin configuration. To see this option, open Microsoft Outlook, and in the Alfresco Client tab select Configure to view the client configuration
Additional steps needed when using AD FS with SAML SSO and Outlook
- Log in to AD FS as the administrator, and go to Authentication Policies.
- Select Edit Global Authentication Policy.
- In the Intranet tab, click the check box next to Forms Authentication.