Developers can define a ‘value path’ that is stored in Process Services and made available to the developer at runtime, allowing them programmatic access to the information in the custom control. This information can then be extracted into a custom data model.
The implementation uses the Alfresco data model service AlfrescoCustomDataModelService to connect the custom data models to external sources and perform custom data operations. The value path should be injected into the wrapper bean class to make it available with the mapped complex data model field at application runtime. The value path value is stored in JSON format in the database.
An optional 'Field value path' is available for custom controls in the Attribute mapping for the 'Store Entity task'.
- From the BPMN editor, click the Store Entity task containing your attribute mappings.
- Click Attribute mapping to edit the mappings. The
Change value for Attribute mapping dialog dialog box appears.
- Click on an entry in the Attribute table and then click the Form field tab.
- Select the custom control from the Form field dropdown list and assign a value path in the Field value path field.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- The values from the custom control will be made available in the specified value path at runtime.