In your Salesforce account, find Setup. This is accessible by
clicking the gear icon, , from the top-right toolbar on the Salesforce page. See How to find Setup for more guidance on where to find this.
Search for Apps in the Quick Find search bar, and click App Manager to see your installed apps.
Click New Connected App to create a new connected app.
- Connected App Name: Name your app something memorable and unique; for example, Alfresco On-Premise
- API Name: Choose a meaningful name. This is the
name used by the API and managed packages. The name must be less than or equal to 40
characters.Note: A suggested name is Alfresco_for_Salesforce. You'll need to remember the API Name when you configure the Alfresco Setup tab.Note: If this is not set up correctly, you'll see an error message. See Troubleshooting for guidance.
- Contact Email: Enter an administrator email address.
- Check Enable OAuth Settings.
- Callback URL: this field is not used, but does need to be completed. You can set this to https://www.alfresco.com/dummy_callback.
- In Selected OAuth Scopes add the following scopes:
- Full access (full)
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
- Check Force.com Canvas.
- In Canvas App URL, enter a secure (https) URL that points to
the Alfresco Share environment, that you have configured with the Alfresco Content
Connector. You also need a suffix of
share/page/sfdc/canvas/signedrequest. For example:
- Access Method: Select Signed Request (POST)
- Add these Locations:
- Chatter Tab
- Layouts and Mobile Cards
- Lightning Component
- Visualforce Page
- In Lifecycle Class, look up the options and select AlfrescoCanvasLifeCycleHandler.
- Click Save to save your settings.
- For the new connected app, click Manage to set permissions and accessibility.
In the OAuth policies section, enter these values:
Permitted Users: Select Admin approved users are
Click OK to accept the Salesforce message.
- IP Relaxation: Select Enforce IP restrictions.
- Refresh Token Policy: Select the Refresh token is valid until revoked radio button.
- Save your settings.
- Permitted Users: Select Admin approved users are pre-authorized.
In the Manage Profiles section, click Manage
Profiles, check the required profiles, and Save your
For example, select System Administrator and Standard User. We will now find the consumer secret ready to paste into Alfresco.