By connecting information from different systems, you can provide a single view of information stored across multiple repositories.
- Federated search - content can be searched for across multiple content repositories and made accessible inside Alfresco Content Services. This means it doesn't need to be migrated from different content systems.
- Manage content in place - all content can be controlled, no matter where it's stored.
- Intelligent content migration - enables content migration to be completed in the background, with minimal disruption to your end users.
- Federate and manage content or records in other repositories
- Apply Alfresco Governance Services to content that's stored in other content systems (using the manage in place functionality)
- Support enterprise-wide eDiscovery cases in order to allow legal holds across the enterprise
The following diagram shows a simple representation of how Alfresco Content Services and Alfresco Federation Services interact with different content systems.
- CMS (Alfresco Content Services, Documentum, SharePoint, etc.)
- Network file systems
See the Alfresco Federation Services summary and demo to learn more.