Synchronize your content from My Files and Shared
Select My Files to expand the folder list in your
My Files area of Alfresco Content Services.
You can navigate through the folder hierarchy and click the check box to select individual folders, or select My Files to sync everything. See My Files for more.
Select Shared Files to sync all the files and folders under
Shared Files in Alfresco.
You can navigate through the folder hierarchy and click the check box to select individual folders, or select Shared Files to sync everything. See Shared Files for more.
- Select My Files to expand the folder list in your My Files area of Alfresco Content Services.
Select next to
Favorite Sites to sync all your favorite sites.
To select specific sites, click to expand the list and select the relevant site.
To sync a specific folder within a site, double-click the site name and select the folder.
Select next to
Favorite Folders to sync all your favorite folders.
To sync specific folders, click to expand the list, double-click the site name and select the relevant folder.
When you expand Favorite Folders, all the favorite folders for a site are grouped under that site.
Under My Sites, you'll see all the sites you're a member
To sync specific folders, click to expand the list, double-click the site name and select the relevant folder.Note: Sites display their full name and folders display the hierarchy of the folder, for example, My Site | My Folder.
- Under Company Home, you'll see all the folders created by the Administrator under Company Home of Alfresco repository.
Click Sync to start initial syncing of the selected
Alfresco files and folders to your desktop.
Tip: You can click Cancel to cancel the sync and close the Choose files and folders to sync screen.Note: During the initial sync, don't disconnect your computer from the network or put your computer to sleep. Although the sync will resume if interrupted, it will likely need to check the content again and very large initial syncs may take a long time to complete.
The Syncing progress screen shows the status of initial sync. The Alfresco icon in the system tray will spin during the sync process. On completion, a notification appears on the system tray.
In C:\Users\<username>\Alfresco, copies of all the content you've selected to sync are created. Desktop Sync automatically keeps both the local copy and the Alfresco versions in sync with each other whenever any changes are made.
- You can Return to Content Selection to change the content selected for synchronization. Note that after making changes, your sync will restart from the beginning.
- If you create a new file or update a file on your desktop, it will be synced only after the initial sync is over.
- It's recommended that you don't move the parent folders being synced.