Consider these issues before using Encrypted content store.
- Because encryption is done at the content store level and not just for a few files in the
repository, you must make sure whether encryption is needed at the content store level or not.
- Once you make the decision to use Encrypted content store, it is irrevocable. This is
because when a document is written to the Encrypted content store, it is encrypted. If you
decide to revert to an unencrypted content store, the content cannot be decrypted.
- The Encrypted content store is a wrapper around the File content store. All content will be
encrypted. It is not supported to use the Encrypted content store in any other
- Using multiple content stores is not supported by Encrypted content store. This includes
using the Content Store Selector or an Aggregating content store in a repository where
Encrypted content store is implemented. This type of configuration is likely to expose
encrypted content in an unencrypted store, such as in the version history or when the content
- Encrypted content store is separately licensed and requires that you receive a license key
from Alfresco Content Services.
- Multi-tenancy is not supported by Encrypted content store.