- What are the main features of Smart Folders?
- Can I delete a file from a Smart Folder?
- Can I create a new folder or file inside a Smart Folder?
- Can I update a file in a Smart Folder?
- Can I move or copy a file from a Smart Folder?
- Why can't I like or favorite a Smart Folder?
- Why is a new file not showing in a Smart Folder?
What are the main features of Smart Folders?
- Find content by what it is, not where it is stored
- Define stored searches in a template and display them in a hierarchical folder tree
- Run a search when you open a folder and the results are displayed as the "folder's content"
- Federate content that is distributed across the repository into a single view or Smart Folder
- Provide one or more metadata-driven taxonomies to build a folder tree, so that any folder or file can be displayed in multiple folders, appropriate to the business context without the need for filing
- Automatically classify new files and inherit or map metadata to the file itself
- Easily replicate Smart Folder structures
- Apply to existing content without the need to restart Alfresco Content Services
Can I delete a file from a Smart Folder?No, you can't. This option is not available. You must delete the file from it's physical location, or edit the properties so that it does not meet the filing criteria for the Smart Folder. back to top
Can I create a new folder or file inside a Smart Folder?You can create a new file, but not a folder. The file is put into a physical folder, as specified by the filing rule. back to top
Can I update a file in a Smart Folder?Yes you can, but if you change the properties of the file, it might cause the file to move out of the Smart Folder. back to top
Can I move or copy a file from a Smart Folder?No, you can't. The file does not physically live in that folder so can't be moved or copied. back to top
Why can't I like or favorite a Smart Folder?
You can't perform certain folder actions with Smart Folders; for example, Favorite, Like and Comment options are not available (because the folder does not physically exist).
Other actions that are not available include Delete, Move to, Copy to, Upload, and Create.back to top
Why is a new file not showing in a Smart Folder?It can take a few seconds for a new file to appear in the Smart Folder. This often happens if the index is not up-to-date. Check with your system administrator if you are having problems. back to top