Hover over a file and click More then Start
Note: You can start a workflow for multiple files in the library by selecting them and selecting Start Workflow from the Selected Items menu.Tip: You can also start a workflow by clicking Tasks on the toolbar, selecting any option then clicking Start Workflow. Start Workflow is also available on the My Tasks personal dashlet.
The Start Workflow page opens.
Select a workflow from the Workflow list.
The following preconfigured workflows are available:
Note: Your Alfresco administrator might have set up additional workflows for you to choose from.
- New Task
- Assign a new task to yourself or another user.
- Review and Approve (group review)
- Set up review and approval of content, assigning the workflow task to a single group.
- Review and Approve (one or more reviewers)
- Request file approval from one or more users.
- Review and Approve (pooled review)
- Set up review and approval of content, assigning the workflow task to multiple users. One user can take ownership of the task at a time, completing it or returning it to the pool to be claimed by another user associated with the task.
- Review and Approve (single reviewer)
- Set up review and approval of content, assigning the workflow task to a single user.
Enter details for the workflow in the General section.
- In the Message field describe the task requirements, such as Please review the attached content. This should clearly explain to the user what they are expected to do. This text displays in the My Tasks dashlet for the workflow task.
- Select a Due date for the task.
- Select a Priority setting for the task.
Select the user(s) or group to assign the task generated by the workflow to.
You assign the task to either a user or a user group depending on the type of workflow selected.
- In the Assignee section click Select and type the full or partial name of a user.
- Click Search.
Click the + icon to select a user.
Note: You can select multiple users for the Send Document(s) For Review task.
- Click OK.
- If your task is assigned to more than one person, complete the Required Approval Percentage field. Enter the percentage of reviewers that must approve the task before it can be marked as complete.
If you've created the task from a file action list then it's already associated with
that item. You can add more files.
Note: You can link a task to content from any site in the current network that you have permission to access.
Click Add then select a site and then navigate to the files
you want to add.
The button at the top of the list indicates your current location. Click this to display the full path; click an entry to return to that point in the path. Click the up arrow to return to the previous level.
- Click the + Add icon to add a file to the task.
Click OK when you're done.
The file or files are added to the task. You can click:
- View More Actions to the right of an file in this list to display it on the file preview screen. This will cancel the task and you'll need to start again.
- Remove to delete an file from the task.
- Remove All to delete all files from the task.
- Click Add then select a site and then navigate to the files you want to add.
You can select the Send Email Notifications check box to
automatically send an email to users each time a task is assigned to them.
Tasks will still appear in the users My Tasks dashlet. The email is sent to the email address listed in the user's profile. If an address is not provided, no email will be sent.Note: For group and pooled tasks, every member of the selected group will receive the email notification.
Click Start Workflow.
The workflow task is created. In the file list an icon to the left of the files selected indicates that they are part of an active workflow.