You can create a site from anywhere in Alfresco Share, and are automatically made the manager
of the site you create.
Tip: A site can have multiple managers.
Open the Sites menu on the toolbar and click Create
Tip: You can also create a site from your My Sites dashlet: click
Enter the site details:
- Name: The title of the site.
- URL Name: You'll notice that the URL Name is automatically
created but you can edit it if you want.
- Description: Enter a description that will help users know
what the site is for.
If you have modules such as Records Management installed, then there will be an
additional Type option. Select Collaboration to create a standard
Select the site visibility:
- Public: All users can view a public site in their own
organization, whether or not they have joined the site. Users who join the site are
listed as site members and can work with the site content, depending on their assigned
- Moderated: The same as a Public site
but the site manager must approve a users request to join.
- Private: Only available to the site manager and any users
added to the site.
The visibility setting you select is displayed next to the site name when a user is
in the site. See Alfresco Share
for more information on site visibility settings.
You'll see the dashboard for the new site which you can now customize. Sites that you
create are automatically added to your Favorites list.
This video shows you how to create a site.