This information helps you install Alfresco Content Services, additional software, and modules. The products have different installers, so you should be aware of what installers are shipped with your product.
- Alfresco Content Services Installer: this is appropriate for the majority of users, and installs everything you require to run Alfresco Content Services. It corresponds to the installer used in previous versions.
- Alfresco Content Services Platform Installer: this installs the repository, all required third party components (for example, ImageMagick), and links to a variety of developer and admin resources. If you have a clustered environment, you might want to use the Platform installer across these servers.
- Alfresco Share Share Installer: this installs Alfresco Share only, with its own Tomcat
instance and the Share Services AMP. You might want to use the Share installer to connect
to one or more repositories (that you have installed using the Platform
installer).Note: Use the Alfresco Share installer to connect to a repository that you installed using the Platform installer only. Other setups are not supported.
- Using a setup wizard, which contains the required software and components you need for evaluating Alfresco
- Using a standard WAR file to deploy in a production environment