Before starting an upgrade:
- Validate your requirements.
- Backup your production data.
- You must perform a test upgrade using a backup copy of the repository before attempting to upgrade your production environment. Therefore, it is important that your backups are up-to-date.
- Ensure that you have backed up your production environment, for example, back up your database and content store (alf_data directory).
- If you are upgrading to Alfresco Content Services 5.2.6, migrating from your existing search subsystem to the Solr 4 search subsystem ensures that you have access to the full search capabilities. For more information, see the Solr 4 migration documentation.
- If you have any customizations (for example, AMPs) in your existing installation, recompile all Java code against the new version of Alfresco Content Services and regression test against this new version.
- When you upgrade Alfresco Content Services with Oracle, the user needs more privileges than connect and resource. At minimum, the user should have permission to delete objects. A safer option is to give a sysdba role for the upgrade process only. After the upgrade, this role should be removed.