Within Alfresco, you can transform a document from one format to another. This feature requires you to install OpenOffice.
Alfresco supports the following OpenOffice subsystems:
- The direct OpenOffice integration, in which the Alfresco server manages OpenOffice directly. This subsystem is enabled, by default.
- The JodConverter integration, which is a library that improves the stability and
performance of OpenOffice.org (OOo) within Alfresco. This subsystem is disabled, by
default. The OOoJodConverter runs on the same machine as the Alfresco server. The
- a pool of separate OpenOffice processes
- automatic restart of crashed OpenOffice processes
- automatic termination of slow OpenOffice operations
- automatic restart of any OpenOffice process after a number of operations (this is a workaround for OpenOffice memory leaks)
Note: If you install Alfresco manually, ensure that you disable OOoDirect and enable OOoJodConverter using the following properties in the alfresco-global.properties file: