The site dashboard displays when users arrive to a site, and contains dashlets. A dashlet offers a quick view into the content or activities of the site. You can use the out-of-the-box dashlets or add your own custom dashlets.
- FreeMarker template: knowledgebase.get.html.ftl
When invoking a web script:
- The web script dispatcher receives a request for the dashlet.
- The controller opens up a connection to the Alfresco repository and uses a RESTful interface or the CMIS interface to retrieve XML or JSON as pure data.
- The controller populates the model with the data needed to render.
- The dispatcher calls the view to render HTML markup.
- The dispatcher hands the markup back to the requester.
In this case, the requester is the Alfresco Share page renderer. The dashlet renders into the site dashboard page where the site manager instructed it to appear.