This section describes how to configure the SharePoint Protocol Support to work with Office 2010 on Windows 7.
Set the following registry keys.
Each regkey takes the following values:
Option Description 0 Basic authentication disabled 1 Basic authentication enabled for SSL shares only 2 or greater Basic authentication enabled for SSL shares and for non-SSL shares
Change or create the following registry key and set its value to 2.
Change or create the following registry key and set its value to
- Restart the web client Windows service for the changes to take effect.
- Change or create the following registry key and set its value to 2.
Ensure that the Microsoft patch for the Web Folders component (KB907306) is
installed on your Windows Vista/Windows 7 client. This patch contains a fix for
a bug in Web Folders for Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. To
install this patch, use the following instructions:
- Download the patch KB907306 from the following location: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=17C36612-632E-4C04-9382-987622ED1D64&displaylang=en
Double-click the Webfldrs-KB907306-ENU.exe file on
your hard disk.
The default installation location is \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders.
- Follow the instructions in the setup wizard to complete the installation.
If the Office client requests credentials for each operation, it may be related
to domain policy and the client settings. Fixes are available using the
instructions in the following articles:
Note: If you experience problems with the prompts for your credentials, clicking small down arrow on the right side of the Open button (instead of clicking the Open button itself). When you have clicked this arrow, the client will prompt you for your credentials and you can start working with documents from the Alfresco sites.
- Windows 7 Prompting for Authentication When Accessing SharePoint Documents http://www.quantumofgeek.com/2010/02/windows-7-prompting-for-authentication-when-accessing-sharepoint-documents/.
- You are prompted to enter your credentials when you access an FQDN site from a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows 7 and has no proxy configured http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943280