Download the following installation file:
The Alfresco setup wizard is for 64-bit Windows systems.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
Select the language that you wish to use for the installation.
This sets the language to be used for the setup wizard.
- On the Setup - Alfresco Enterprise window, click Next.
On the Installation type window, choose how you want to use the
There are two types of installation in the setup wizard:
Option Description Easy Easy type installs Alfresco using the default options and configuration. This install type requires only two fields: install location and administrator password. Choose this route to install Alfresco with the default environment.Note: If you have previously installed Alfresco and the server is running, when you run this setup wizard again, you may be prompted to enter alternative port numbers for the components and services that you install, for example, for the Tomcat application server, FTP port, and the RMI port. Advanced Advanced type installs Alfresco but lets you configure the server ports and service properties. You can also choose which additional components to install.
To complete the Easy setup wizard:
- Select Easy, and then click Next.
- On the Installation folder window, click Next to accept the default location.
- On the Admin Password window, enter a password for the Administrator user (admin).
- Repeat the password, and then click Next.
- Click Next through the remaining windows in the setup wizard.
Click Finish to complete the installation.
Go to the step for the Completing the Alfresco Enterprise Setup Wizard window and launching Alfresco Share.
To complete the Advanced setup wizard, select Advanced and then click Next.
Follow the remaining steps in this task.
On the Select Components window, select the components that you
want to install. Deselect the components that you do not want to install.
You can select from the following components:
Note: You cannot deselect the Alfresco component because it is installed by default.
- Web Quick Start
- When you have finished selecting the components, click Next.
On the Installation folder window, click Next
to accept the default location.
For example, the default location is C:\Alfresco.
Alternatively, click the icon to choose another location.
On the Database Server Parameters window, enter a port number for
Enter a suitable port number or click Next to accept the default of 5432.
On the Tomcat Port Configuration window, enter the following
Tomcat configuration parameters, and then click Next.
Enter the Web Server domain number.
For example, the default is 127.0.0.1.
The URL http://127.0.0.1:8080/share is based on the web server domain and the Tomcat port number that you specify on the Tomcat Port Configuration window. The default of 127.0.0.1 can be used on this machine to verify that Alfresco is running successfully. However, it is not an externally addressable URL, which means that it is not possible for users on other machines to access this URL. To make sure that other users can access the machine where Alfresco is installed, you need to define and create a publicly addressable name.
Enter the port number for the Tomcat web application.
For example, the default is 8080.
Enter the Tomcat Shutdown port number.
For example, the default is 8005.
Enter the Tomcat SSL port number.
For example, the default is 8443.
Enter the Tomcat AJP Port number.
For example, the default is 8009.
- Enter the Web Server domain number.
- On the Alfresco FTP Port window, enter a port number for the Alfresco FTP server, and then click Next.
- On the Alfresco RMI Port window, enter a port number for the RMI service, and then click Next.
On the Admin Password window, enter a password. Repeat the
password, and then click Next.
This sets the password for the Alfresco Administrator user account (admin).CAUTION:You must use ASCII characters only when setting the password using the installer. You can reset the password (to include non-ASCII characters) after installation.
- (Optional) If you are installing SharePoint Protocol Support, the Alfresco SharePoint Port window displays. Enter a port number, and then click Next.
- (Optional) If you are installing the OpenOffice component, the OpenOffice Server Port window displays. Enter a port number on which the OpenOffice server will listen, and then click Next.
On the Service Startup Configuration window, you are presented
with two options for starting up the Alfresco services.
Option Description Manual Sets the services to be started manually. Choose this option if you want to start the services yourself. Auto Sets the services to start up automatically when you restart the machine.
Select the services start up option, and then click Next.
On the Ready to Install window, click
The Installing window displays, showing the progress of the installation.
On the Completing the Alfresco Enterprise Setup Wizard window, click
This window shows check boxes that determine whether you will see the Readme file, the Getting Started web page, and also whether to start the server and launch Alfresco Share. By default, these options are selected and will start when you click Finish. If you do not want to start Alfresco at this point, deselect the Launch Alfresco Enterprise Share check box.Important: If you are installing the S3 connector as part of your Alfresco installation, deselect the Launch Alfresco Enterprise Share check box. You must not start Alfresco before applying the S3 AMP file.
Click OK to close the Readme.
The Alfresco server starts and then Alfresco Share launches in your default browser.Important: It may take several minutes to start the Alfresco server and to launch Share. Your browser opens and tries to connect to http://127.0.0.1:8080/share.
Log on to Alfresco Share as the admin user. Enter the password
that you specified in the Admin Password window.
The Alfresco server is launched as a Windows service. If you did not automatically launch Alfresco at the end of the installation wizard, to start Alfresco, you need to start all the services. From the Start menu, select All Programs > Alfresco One > alfresco manager tool and start the Tomcat Server and Postgres services, or from a command prompt, navigate to the Alfresco installation directory (C:/Alfresco) and run servicerun START as an administrator.
- To fully stop Alfresco, you must stop all the services. Use the alfresco manager tool (see the previous step) to manage the services, or use the scripts in the installation directory to start or stop the services: servicerun START and servicerun STOP. You need administrator rights to run these commands.