On the toolbar, click (Administration
Click Manage System Users.
The Manage System Users page
- Click Show All to list the current users, including the pre-configured admin account.
- In the header, click Create User to open the New User Wizard.
In the New User Wizard, specify the person
properties. Use the name Bob Smith and the
email address email@example.com, then click
Boxes marked with an asterisk are required.
- Create a user name and password.
Create a home space using the default location, User
Homes, that was created during installation and name the
space Bob Smith.
Note: User names are case insensitive but domains are case sensitive. Users can log in with any combination of case for their name but the domain must remain as created.
For example, the following are true for logging in:
- jsmith/ALFRESCO can log in as: jsmith/ALFRESCO or JSMITH/ALFRESCO or JsMiTh/ALFRESCO
- jsmith/alfresco can log in as: jsmith/alfresco or JSMITH/alfresco or JsMiTh/alfresco
- jsmith/AlFrEsCo can log in as: jsmith/AlFrEsCo or JSMITH/AlFrEsCo or JsMiTh/AlFrEsCo
Click Next to view a summary of the user
created and click Finish.
This creates the new user, Bob Smith, and his home space. Click Show All to list the users.
- Create another user named Joe Bloggs for future use.