Use this information to troubleshoot IMAP problems.
IMAP scale limitations
If you mount more than 5000 folders or mailbox folders, depending on the IMAP client that you are using, you might not be able to view more than the first 5000 folders.
In order to avoid this situation, you should limit the number of folders that are being mounted. For example:
- Do not mount from the company root space if you know that you have a very large folder structure. Choose a specific site to reduce the number of folders being mounted.
- Do not extract attachments to a separate folder
(imap.attachments.mode=SEPARATE), particularly for large
repositories. When you specify imap.attachments.mode, choose one of the
- imap.attachments.mode=COMMON: all attachments for all emails are extracted to one folder
- imap.attachments.mode=SAME: attachments are extracted to the same folder as the original message
IMAP server error message
Exception in thread "Thread-53" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind at com.icegreen.greenmail.imap.ImapServer.run(ImapServer.java:53) Caused by: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind
This error message is related to the IP address or hostname that has been provided for binding. To resolve this issue:
- Check that the IP address or hostname you provided is correct for your imap.server.host setting.
- Check that the port you are using is not blocked. The default port to use is 143.
- Check that firewalls are not blocking this IP address or hostname.
- Use the command line tool Netstat to check your network connections. Note: You should not use localhost as the imap.server.host - update this value with the IP address (or corresponding DNS address) of your external IP interface. A value of 0.0.0.0 in Unix will make it listen on the specified port on all IP interfaces.