Glossary terms starting with the letter D.
- See Digital Asset Management.
- See Data Access Object.
- The Alfresco dashboard is an interactive user interface that presents and organizes information to the user.
- A dashlet is an application that appears in the Alfresco dashboard that presents information to the user. Users can organize dashlets into different layouts and set keyboard short cuts for each dashlet.
- Data Access Object
- A Data Access Object (DAO) can be used where data storage is required to provide an abstract interface between the data access and the application logic.
- Day Zero
- See Alfresco Day Zero Configuration Guide.
- description document
- A description document provides the main configuration elements for a web script. The description document records the URL that initiates the web script, together with a given short name and description, and with authentication and transactional needs.
- Digital Asset Management
- Digital Asset Management (DAM) is the process of storing and manipulating digital assets, for example, video, audio, and image files.
- The dir.indexes folder contains all Lucene indexes and deltas against those indexes.
- The dir.root property is specified in the alfresco-global.properties file. It points to the default directory alf_data, which contains the content and the Lucene indexes.
- disposition schedule
- Disposition schedules are a key function of the records management system. The disposition
schedule defines the procedures required for maintaining records in the records management
system until their eventual destruction or transfer to another location.
A disposition schedule contains one or more steps that define a particular action to be carried out at a date or after an event has occurred.
- Document Management
- Document Management is the engine that Alfresco uses for storing and retrieving documents, including content contribution and categorization, advanced search, content transformation, versioning and auditing, collaboration, and security.