Hover over an item in the library and click More then
Note: You can start a workflow for multiple items in the library by selecting them and selecting Start Workflow from the Selected Items menu.Tip: You can also start a workflow by clicking Tasks on the toolbar, selecting any option then clicking Start Workflow. Start Workflow is also available on the My Tasks personal dashlet.
Select Cloud Task or Review from the Workflow
The appropriate workflow form displays with required fields marked with an asterisk (*).
Enter details for the workflow in the General section.
- In the Message field describe the task requirements, such as Please review the attached content. This should clearly explain to the user what they are expected to do. This text displays in the My Tasks dashlet for the workflow task.
Select a Type.
- Simple Cloud Task: Assign a task to a single Alfresco in the cloud user
- Cloud Review Task: Assign a review task to a one or more Alfresco in the cloud users
- Select a Due date for the task.
- Select a Priority setting for the task.
Click Select to select the network, site, and folder destination for
the synchronized content. Only networks that support the Cloud Sync feature can be
Tip: Click the new folder icon in the dialog box to add a folder as necessary.
- Click Sync.
Select the user(s) or group to assign the task generated by the workflow to.
You assign the task to either a user or a user group depending on the type of workflow selected. You can only assign to users in the current network.
- In the Assignee section click Select and type the full or partial name of a user.
Cloud users in your network who match your search are displayed.
Click the + icon to select a user.
Note: You can select multiple users for a Cloud Review task.
- Click OK.
- If your task is assigned to more than one person, complete the Required Approval Percentage field. Enter the percentage of reviewers that must approve the task before it can be marked as complete.
Select how workflow items should be handled when the workflow is complete:
- Keep content synced on cloud: Workflow items will remain synced to the cloud.
- Keep content on cloud and remove sync: A copy of the workflow items will be left on the cloud but the sync will be cancelled.
- Delete content on cloud and remove sync: The content will be removed from the cloud and the sync cancelled.
Select Lock 'on-premise' copy to lock the on-premise content being
The lock will remain in place until you unsync the content, meaning that only the cloud version can be edited.
If you've created the task from an items' action list then it's already associated with
that item. You can add more items.
Note: You can link a task to Alfresco content from any site in the current network that you have permission to access.
Click Add then select a site and then navigate to the items you
want to add.
The button at the top of the list indicates your current location. Click this to display the full path; click an entry to return to that point in the path. Click the up arrow to return to the previous level.
- Click the + Add icon to add an item to the task.
Click OK when you're done.
The item or items are added to the task. You can click:
- View More Actions to the right of an item in this list to display it on the Document Details page. This will cancel the task and you'll need to start again.
- Remove to delete an item from the task.
- Remove All to delete all items from the task.
- Click Add then select a site and then navigate to the items you want to add.
Click Start Workflow.
The workflow task is created. Tasks will appear in the users My Tasks dashlet when they login to Alfresco in the cloud. When the task is complete you will be assigned a task to complete the workflow.
In the Document Library content that is part of an active workflow has the icon. Content that has been synced has the icon.