The User Profile feature enables you to set general preferences for your view of the application.
You can customize the following settings:
- Start Location
- Specify the space you would like the application to display when you log in.
- Interface Language
- Specify in which language you would like to view the interface.
- Content Language
- Specify the preferred language for multilingual properties (metadata) and translations of documents. By default, the content language is set to All Languages, which means that all translations of a document are shown and that the interface language is used for multilingual properties. If a property or document is not available in the preferred content language, Alfresco tries to find an appropriate alternative.
- Offline Editing
- Ensure the option Automatically download files for offline editing is selected to initiate the download process automatically when you select the Edit Offline action for a content item.
To specify the general preferences:
- Click (User Profile) in the toolbar to display the User Profile and Settings page.
- In the General Preferences pane, select the desired settings.
- Click Close.