Create a user group to organize Alfresco users.
Top level groups reside beneath the heading Root Groups. A group can contain sub-groups. Only an Administrator can create a user group.
- In the toolbar, click (Administration Console).
- Click Manage User Groups.
On the Groups Management page, use the
search feature to locate a specific user group or click
Show All to display the existing root, or
Note: If not already displayed, click Root Groups beneath the space header to return to the top-level group.
- Navigate to the user group where you want to create a group.
- Click Create Group. To create a sub-group, click (Create Sub-Group) associated with the group you wish to be the parent.
On the Create Group page, enter the name of
the group you are creating in the Identifier
Once you provide an Identifier for the group, you cannot change it.
Click Create Group.
An additional viewing option in the space header allows you to view either all groups and sub-groups beneath the currently selected group or only the immediate child groups of the currently selected group. To the right of the icon , select All or Children, as preferred. Once you set the filter option, click Show All to populate the Groups pane.
- Click Close to return to the Administration Console.