The Alfresco Share AMP Archetype generates a sample project for managing Alfresco Share extensions/customizations. These extensions are packaged as Alfresco Module Packages (AMP).
This archetype should be used to extend the Alfresco Share web application (share.war).
The following are typical use-cases for when this archetype should be used:
- You work in a bigger team and want to develop, tag, and release a Share UI module separately from the main Alfresco Extension project (All-in-One) that it is included in.
- You want to add, and contain, an extra Share UI module in an All-In-One Project (useful when you don't have a Nexus artifacts repo to which you can release individual Share UI modules).
- You intend to build an Add-On, Component, Module etc that should be distributed independently.
The main features of this archetype are:
- AMP packaging - the supported packing type for Alfresco extensions.
- AMP dependency management in Maven.
- Installation of AMPs into an Share WAR.
- Sample Aikau page and widget to demonstrate how to develop new pages for the Alfresco Share UI.
- AMP Unit Testing support. Just run the standard mvn test and see your src/test/java Alfresco unit tests run. An sample Unit Test is provided in this archetype.
- Run embedded in Tomcat for demo purposes (-Pamp-to-war), rapid application development and
integration testing. Important: Requires a running Alfresco Repository on localhost:8080.
- Easy to integrate with an IDE environment such as Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA.