This section describes new features in this version of the Alfresco SDK.
What's new in Alfresco SDK 2.1.1
- Reintroduce support for Java 7
- Numerous bug fixes. See the release notes for details.
What's new in Alfresco SDK 2.1
- Support for Solr 4
- Regression testing Share Webapp with Alfresco Share Page Object (PO) tests
- Functional testing of Custom Pages with Alfresco Share PO
- Rapid Application Development (RAD) improvements:
- New alfresco:refresh-repo goal for alfresco-maven-plugin for automatic refresh of repository (alfresco.war)
- New alfresco:refresh-share goal for alfresco-maven-plugin for automatic refresh of Share (share.war)
- Custom package name can be used when generating projects
- Records Management profile 'rm' removed, now included as other AMPs in the repository and Share WAR POMs
- Run script for Windows now available (run.bat)
- Upgraded to Community 5.0.d and Enterprise 5.0.1 (JDK8)
- Fixed DB initialization error (dbObject cannot be null)
- Fixed blank Admin Console bug
What's new in Alfresco SDK 2.0
- Name changed from Maven Alfresco SDK to Alfresco SDK.
- New Share AMP archetype.
- RAD in Eclipse and IntelliJ.
- Now requires Maven 3.2.2
- RAD with Spring Loaded.
- Support for JRebel has been deprecated.
- Introduction of enterprise profile option -Penterprise.
What was new in Alfresco SDK 1.1.1
- Bug fixes.
What was new in Alfresco SDK 1.1.0
- Runs in Tomcat7 (replaces Jetty)
- Remote running of JUnit
- JRebel integration
- Improved IDE integration
What was in Alfresco SDK 1.0.x
- Use of Alfresco POMs
- Relied on a number of components:
- The SDK parent POM providing full Alfresco project lifecycle feature, to be added as a <parent> in your projects
- Archetypes like the AMP or all-in-one providing sample project to kickstart your Alfresco development and boost it with best practices
- The Alfresco Maven Plugin to manage AMP packaging and dependencies
- Alfresco Platform Distribution POM can (optionally) be used to provide centralized <dependencyManagement> on a particular Alfresco version / edition (Community / Enterprise)
- The Alfresco Artifacts Repository provides backing for this SDK. Check the Alfresco Wiki for Community / Enterprise access information
- Embedded Jetty server and H2 database
What was in Maven Alfresco Lifecycle
- First implementation of Alfresco Maven SDK (Now deprecated)
- No use of Alfresco POMs
- Available archetypes and plugins:
- maven-alfresco-extension-archetype to create WAR packaged webapps that can provide all Maven lifecycle and features
- maven-alfresco-share-archetype to create and manage Alfresco Share customization webapps
- maven-alfresco-share-module-archetype to create and manage Alfresco Share custom dashlets, pages as JARs
- maven-alfresco-amp-archetype to create maven-amp-plugin managed web apps, which can provide all Maven lifecycle and features to Alfresco modules. The maven-amp-plugin is also used as a replacement to MMT to unpack AMPs into WARs builds, using the Maven dependency mechanism provided by the maven-amp-plugin
- Embedded Jetty server and H2 database to run Alfresco or Share
- Possible to use Maven standard dependency management to pull in AMPs in your build
- Further information